Good Boss, Bad Boss is already shipping in paperback at Amazon, today is the official publication date. It has a new red cover (which I like, I hope it isn't too intense for you) and a new chapter, an Epilogue called "What Great Bosses Do: Lessons I've l Learned Since Writing Good Boss, Bad Boss." Fast Company already published an excerpt from the new chapter on power poisoning and will be publishing more snippets in the coming weeks.
This all got me thinking about Good Boss, Bad Boss, about all the fun I had fretting over and talking with people about ideas in the book, and about lots of others ideas about bosses too, since the book was first published in September, 2010. In doing so, I looked back on some of the most popular posts and related stories on bosses. These include:
2. Lessons from Nightmare (and Dream) Bosses -- INC Interview
3. How to Be a Good Boss -- by Matt May
5. Drinking at Work -- It's not all bad -- a piece for Cnn.Com
9. How a Few Bad Apples Can Ruin Everything -- a Wall Street Journal piece I wrote
11. Pixar Lore: The Day Our Bossses Saved Our Jobs -- at HBR.org
I could have added a lot more -- let me know which ones you like, which ones you don't form the above list, and which ones I should have added from the past six years or so I've been writing Work Matters. Thanks so much for everything